Meridian Floor Shiatsu
Certification Course 102, 202, 100
Shiatsu greatly facilitates the movement towards greater human connection and co-operation in our highly industrialized, technological age. Windsong is dedicated to aligning your Shiatsu training hours in a step by step format, to enable students to progress to an advanced level and use their training in a progressive way at each level of practice. All Students will study Anatomy Physiology and Pathology in Western Terms translated to Eastern Theory. A full Ethics and Business course is required to complete the Certification.
Floor Shiatsu is a method of Oriental Bodywork well received by the general public. It allows Practitioners to give and receive care, warmth and health through non-invasive touch. It is applied with a slow deepening pressure helping to clear physical, structural and neurological ailments. It is a full body treatment and an excellent tool for offering clients an ongoing wellness package.
The following studies will be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of this course:
- History of Shiatsu and development of therapies in the West
- Anatomy Physiology Pathology Holistic Health Connection 220 hours
- Namikoshi Shiatsu principles of treatment in Neuro Muscular Cutaneovisceral Responses
- Meridian (Keiraku) & Derivative Shiatsu principles of treatment: Zang and Fu Organ Theory, Meridian Location and Extensions
- Practical application of 5 Element and Meridian Theory in the 8 principals of Diagnosis, Tongue and Pulse Theory, Meridian Shiatsu Reflex Theory, Amoeba Phase Theory
- Contraindications and Social Impact: Instruction includes ~ Practice Protocol, Ethical Standards, Client Practices and Safety
- 12 Systems + 1 Anatomy and Physiology of Meridians and Organs in Practice Western Meets Eastern Theory
- Practice of Ouga, Fukuga, and Gyoga Positions in Floor Shiatsu
- Review of Musculoskeletal Anatomy of Movement In Stretching
- Use of varying pressure gradients and Meridian Points (Keiketsu)
- Students will learn routines that provide for 60 or 90 minute Floor Shiatsu Session employing techniques in Ouga (side), Fukuga (Prone), and Gyoga (Supine) using Keiraku and Shiatsu Derivative Theory
- Hara and Back reflex assessment and treatment is studied and applied
- Developing Treatment Styles and Routines for Shiatsu 5 element and Meridian Pathologies
- Clinical notes and profiles for client records. Developing and implementing forms and legal documents for practices
- Assessment and treatment in Integrated Modalities
100 hours assigned for clinical study.
Students choose Ten clients to chart and assess case study and treatment protocols. Case studies are written in report format and focus on treatment patterns and outcomes to increase professional skills in a learning environment. Each case study requires 4 sessions of Shiatsu to be done with the client. Students should plan for 10 hours to complete each case study.
Students may join an Onsite Clinical where all methods taught in class are used in applying techniques during sessions given to clients served by the Student Clinic. A professional Practitioner supervises sessions, gives feedback, and grades the level of work in clinic.
Full program cost $5,550
-Application and registration fee $100
-Books & Materials $1,000
Meridian Floor Shiatsu
Next start date: March 4, 2024
Individual Course: 750 Hours
Combined Distance over 8 months. Online Studies, Onsite Practical, Case Studies & Healership Skills Practical.
Title: Floor Shiatsu Practitioner
Online Theory and Virtual Study: 550 Hours Onsite Study: 100 Hours Practical Student Case Study: 100 Hours